Monday, June 9, 2008

Redbridge Beer - Beer made with me in mind.


As one of the roughly 1 and 133 people in the US living with Celiac Disease it is very rare that I drink beer. Beer is made with barley and other gluten filled grains that I must avoid. Redbridge is made from sorghum, a gluten free grain, and is produced by Anheuser-Busch.

I must preface the following with two pieces of information:

1) I was never a beer drinker before my diagnosis (about 3 years ago)
2)I am forever grateful that companies are coming around and making gluten free products of all kinds that I may enjoy.

From what I remember, Redbridge tastes like any other beer, quite good along those lines. I however, apparently have not quite acquired a taste for beer. I was never a fan, and I am not one now. I am sort of determined though to find what people enjoy so much about beer. As a lover all of all good foods, especially ones that are finely crafted, there must be something there that I am not getting. Or perhaps not... Maybe I haven't had it with the right food, or at the right moment, or maybe I am missing the taste bud that likes it. ;) My selection of beer is now quite limited, but I will try again...

No comments: